[OSM-dev] Blue sea for tiles at home

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 16:07:44 BST 2007

On 4/24/07, Kristian Thy <thy at 42.dk> wrote:
> Ah yes, I've seen those artefacts from Almien's coastline before.
> They're present lots of places where the coastline haven't been
> manually fixed yet. Can the script take those into account, or should we
> use this as an opportunity to discover where they are? :)

The source data doesn't have the lines in a consistant way. The only
way the script could fix them is if there was some way of determining
which side is land... Since that's not in the data itself it has to be
determined some other way. What my rendering script does is do an
even/odd map on a large scale to determine it. But that won't fix the
data in the DB.

Have a nice day,