[OSM-dev] Blue sea for tiles at home

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 22:43:52 BST 2007

> I am not quite sure if we understood each other here. The index file
> is responsible for pointing out the "100% sea" tiles. As soon as a
> tile contains any bit of coastline, the index file is not looked at.

Something just got pointed out to me: if a tile used to have a PGS
import and it's since been modified to be natural=water, then the code
curently may guess funny things. Attached is a patch that makes it
guess slightly more accuratly, by polling the surrouding tiles. Not
guarenteed ofcourse, but hopefully slightly better.

Have a nice day,