[OSM-dev] Curve Effect (was: Re: buildings)

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Fri Apr 27 17:27:30 BST 2007

Robert Hart a écrit :

> I think currently the curve effect is applied to any angle less
> than 90 degrees. I'm thinking maybe we should drop that to 45 or 60. I
> can't imagine there are many genuinely smooth roads that haven been
> mapped with so few segments.

The curve effect annoy me for some octagonal pieces of water. Dropping
it for angle > 44° will satisfy me. (but not the person mapping a
decagonal feature)

http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=6248906.41842&lon=260226.2234&zoom=17&layers=B00000
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=48.846474,2.337695&spn=0.004229,0.007714&t=k&om=1

http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=6251860.29091&lon=258727.63996&zoom=17&layers=B00000
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=48.864327,2.324488&spn=0.004228,0.007714&t=k

In the second example, the park corners are again 45° angles that should
not have been curvified.
And another curve problem : The water piece on the east is a perfect
target for the curving algorithm : It's a circle. But one of the segment
is drawn straight.