[OSM-dev] Curve Effect (was: Re: buildings)

Barry Crabtree barry.crabtree at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 17:45:08 BST 2007

Hi

On 4/27/07, Thomas Walraet <thomas at walraet.com> wrote:

> Robert Hart a écrit :
> >
> > I think currently the curve effect is applied to any angle less
> > than 90 degrees. I'm thinking maybe we should drop that to 45 or 60. I
> > can't imagine there are many genuinely smooth roads that haven been
> > mapped with so few segments.
>
> The curve effect annoy me for some octagonal pieces of water. Dropping
> it for angle > 44° will satisfy me. (but not the person mapping a
> decagonal feature)

Again this says I need to get the pre-processor done!!!!

http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=6248906.41842&lon=260226.2234&zoom=17&layers=B00000

> http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&z=17&ll=48.846474,2.337695&spn=0.004229,0.007714&t=k&om=1
>

> http://www.informationfreeway.org/?lat=6251860.29091&lon=258727.63996&zoom=17&layers=B00000
>
> http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&om=1&z=17&ll=48.864327,2.324488&spn=0.004228,0.007714&t=k
>
> In the second example, the park corners are again 45° angles that should
> not have been curvified.
> And another curve problem : The water piece on the east is a perfect
> target for the curving algorithm : It's a circle. But one of the segment
> is drawn straight.

I think (know?) thats a bug. I think the bezier curving curves all-but-one
segment.....

Cheers. Baz

--
Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live
forever.  - Gandhi.