[OSM-dev] Alternative tile webserver needed?

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Sat Apr 28 10:29:36 BST 2007

SteveC wrote:
> IMHO the $CACHE site should be default. If I really want the latest
> tiles uploaded 3 seconds ago I can switch to that layer. Once these
> things are stable and filled with tiles I'll add them to osm.
>
> On 27 Apr 2007, at 15:24, 80n wrote:
>
>> I've added two new layers at www.informationfreeway.org:
>>
>> Firefishy squid proxy
>> Sebastian apache proxy

As far as I can see from my browser logs, OpenLayers tries to download
the tiles it needs from *all* base layers.

I'll go check on the openlayers mailing lists whether this is the
intended behaviour and what we can to to "fix" it.

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.