[OSM-dev] Alternative tile webserver needed?

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Sat Apr 28 11:45:33 BST 2007

On Sat, Apr 28, 2007 at 11:29:36AM +0200, Hakan Tandogan wrote:
> SteveC wrote:
> > IMHO the $CACHE site should be default. If I really want the latest
> > tiles uploaded 3 seconds ago I can switch to that layer. Once these
> > things are stable and filled with tiles I'll add them to osm.
> >
> > On 27 Apr 2007, at 15:24, 80n wrote:
> >
> >> I've added two new layers at www.informationfreeway.org:
> >>
> >> Firefishy squid proxy
> >> Sebastian apache proxy
> >>

> As far as I can see from my browser logs, OpenLayers tries to download
> the tiles it needs from *all* base layers.
>
> I'll go check on the openlayers mailing lists whether this is the
> intended behaviour and what we can to to "fix" it.

It's not the intended behavior. It may be the behavior when the layer is
first loaded, and not again afterwards -- I don't really know. I don't
tend to spend a lot of time playing around with multiple base layers and
watching HTTP traffic.

If it does happen, it's definitely a bug that deserves reporting and
fixing.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt