[OSM-dev] Daily Planet.osm

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Mon Apr 30 08:43:58 BST 2007

Sebastian Spaeth a écrit :

> Is there any progress (or interest) on having e.g. full monthly
> snapshots and incremental weekly ones? this could probably save us quite
> some space.

Incremental dumps already have been discussed. I think it is a good
solution for the following reasons :

- Less bandwidth usage (osm and user side)
- Faster to use (user who want to maintain a local DB only have to parse
the change and inject them in his base instead of converting the whole
planet each week)
- Ultra-easy to determine which tiles need to be rerendered since last dump
- Could be made every day, every two day or every half-day without
changing much the hardware performance or bandwidth usage
-...

Someone suggested to do this "diff dump" by providing a special log of
the API requests. (0 stress on the DB)