[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Highway tagging in general around the world

Brent Easton b.easton at exemail.com.au
Wed Aug 15 22:35:31 BST 2007

>Well yes - that's the point. At least it tries to output road numbers
>in the map. The mapnik layer doesn't try at all except for motorways
>at the moment.
>
>The next step beyond getting them output in some way is to get them
>output as shields for those countries where that is the norm.

Yes, time to stop talking and start doing. I am not trying to argue with you Tom, I am trying to get started on the development that is required, rather than saying 'don't leap ahead', 'better wait for this', 'thats too hard'. Getting the information required to do some real work is sometimes like getting blood out of a stone!

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to this discussion.

Regards,
Brent.
Brent Easton
Analyst/Programmer