[OSM-dev] TIGER upload automation

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Aug 29 23:35:28 BST 2007

In message <1188412563.28903.111.camel at localhost>
          Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 19:17 +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
>
> > Incidentally, I only said that dev wasn't the best place to do it
> > not that we shouldn't try and run it on one of our servers. How
> > much CPU and memory does the uploader use anyway?
>
> Right now, uploading one medium-large county, it has an 18MB memory
> footprint.  It uses ~2% of my cpu sporadically.  Not much cpu load at
> all.

That sounds much better than I expected - I thought it would use more
memory than that for the ID mapping. Is it doing that on disk now then?

Anyhow if that is all it needs then dev is probably fine. Spaetz should
be able to sort you out with an account if you want to try it.

That will let us see how much of the speed is down to latency - we can
then consider providing one or more reserved API daemons to see how
much that helps as well.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)