[OSM-dev] coastline polygons

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 12:09:37 GMT 2007

On 2/8/07, Robert Hart <Robert.Hart at burohappold.com> wrote:
> A simple rule like "sea is on left" or some
> such, would be more than sufficient to solve your "main problem"

Indeed. However, the data doesn't do that and I'm not planning to
examine each segment to find out if it needs to be reversed.

That said, I'm currently making a program to render the entire PGS
dataset and then doing floodfills. Once that is complete it should be
possible to use that to "fix" the data so all the segments go the
right way...

I'm still dubious of the value of storing the coastline of north
russia in OSM...

Have a nice day,