[OSM-dev] coastline polygons

Robert Hart Robert.Hart at BuroHappold.com
Thu Feb 8 09:52:57 GMT 2007

> One main problem with storing it in OSM is that renderers can't do
> anything useful with it, since you can't tell the inside from the
> outside.

I think that should read "One *minor* problem with storing it in OSM is
that renderers can't *render the sea blue and the land green*, since you
can't *currently* tell the inside from the outside."

Personally I think the advantages of having the coastline in the OSM
dataset do outweigh the disadvantages. Particularly as most of what we
need is already in place. A simple rule like "sea is on left" or some
such, would be more than sufficient to solve your "main problem"

Rob

This message has been scanned for viruses by MailControl - www.mailcontrol.com