[OSM-dev] [Talk-GB] Automating Freemap tile rendering

Artem Pavlenko artem at pavlenko.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 25 18:26:02 GMT 2007

Martijn,

Yes, it works now. But the quality of rendering is very poor. If you're using
GD, please, dont!! Use Mapnik, inkscape or anything else that can do AA.

Still, having pre-rendered sea/land tiles is not a good idea , IMHO.

Why don't we join efforts and create one vector dataset which everyone can
benefit from?

Cheers,
Artem