[OSM-dev] Slippy Map Layer with Maplint output

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Tue Feb 27 22:18:12 GMT 2007

Hi,

    for the (small but growing) team mapping Karlsruhe, Germany, I have
set up a server that has the osmarender4 slippy map as well as another
layer generated by Jochen's "Maplint", highlighting potential problems
with the data. I intend to run a nightly update on it so that you can
always quickly get an impression of the quality of your data.

It is all very much work in progress - both on the frontend side, where
one might perhaps want to introduce various layers highlighting
different tests made my Maplint, and on the backend side, where there
will surely be some Maplint fine-tuning over the next few weeks.

While the concrete example of Karlsruhe might not be of interest to most
of you, others working on relatively small areas might perhaps want to
install a similar service for their local area. I'll happily supply the
modified tilesGen.pl and associated scripts & styles required (I don't
want to put it in SVN just yet because there's no documentation, but
will do so some time in the future).

See the Karlsruhe example here (select the "Maplint" layer in the layer
selector):

http://openstreetmap.gryph.de/slippymap/

Bye
Frederik