[OSM-dev] Low-zoom tiles - new script to create them

Hakan Tandogan hakan at gurkensalat.com
Mon Jan 1 19:09:14 GMT 2007

OJW wrote:
> There's a tool on SVN to create low-zoom tiles:

Nice, I just used it to re-create the low-zoom ones around Munich ;-)

> p.s. the next step is for someone to modify the script so that when tile x,y,z
> changes, it updates all the other tiles that contain it (replacing a quarter
> of z-1, a sixteenth of z-2, etc.) without replacing any unchanged image areas

Wouldn't this require knowledge that only the upload server has? I think
something that parses the upload logs would "know" which low-zoom tiles
would have to be regenerated as a result of an upload, giving out
re-stitch requests to clients.

Regards,
Hakan

--
The Key To Immortality Is First Living A Life Worth Remembering.