[OSM-dev] Various OSM troubles

Christoph Eckert ce at christeck.de
Tue Jan 9 00:05:42 GMT 2007

Am Sonntag, 7. Januar 2007 11:56 schrieb Ludwig Max Brinckmann:

> The reason for this might also be that segments in a way are not
> neccessarily ordered.

Bull's eye, that's it. Thanks for the hint.

> As cgpsmapper draws lines from points to
> points, these ways appear as roads pointing back to themselves. This
> inconsistency in the OSM DB is most likely for longer ways and
> motorways are most visible. There have been various discussions on
> this in this forum on how to solve it.

I wonder if it would help if JOSM denied to create ways from segments
not ordered correctly.

[...]

> I used it with the sabcmd xslt processor (sabcmd.exe fix.xsl
> input.xml output.xml), other XSLT processors should work similarly,
> but I have not tried. Jochen tried this script and it worked for him.

So he told me - just some minutes ago, which was much to late :) .

> (I had mailed Jochen the script for inclusion in his toolboox, as I
> just checked he has not done this, so I include it again at the end
> of this mail).

Thanks a bunch. I'll ask Jochen to include it in his archive.

> I incidentally made a karlsruhe map with my processor as a test
> application, let me know if it is any good for you.

»incidentally«, he he :) . Thanks a lot!

ce