[OSM-dev] downloading osm parts with curl

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Jan 9 07:11:54 GMT 2007

> > You can do the same via a direct call to the API using wget or
> > similar. Details for obtaining "map" data from the REST page on the
> > wiki.
>
> Thanks for the hint. I already had tried to use wget, but it didn't
> accept the login coded into the URL like
> http://username:passphrase@URL
> so I gave up. I will read the wiki, so thanks for the pointer.

GpsDrive can download stuff from OSM; you might want to have a look into
 http://svn.gpsdrive.cc/gpsdrive/trunk/scripts/perl_lib/Geo/Gpsdrive/OSM.pm
as a hint how to do it.
password is stored in the netrc-file.

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304