[OSM-dev] Script to find tiles that need rebuilding

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 08:59:13 GMT 2007

On 1/5/07, DamianS <damian.sulewski at uni-dortmund.de> wrote:

> Sorry for my perl knowledge but i thought
> "next if $oldday > $day-2;"
> means " if oldday is smaller then day-2 go further, otherway do a next
> (which would take the next tile)"

Correct. I put that in because otherwise you get the issue where some
is editting and it'll rerequest the tile every ten minutes, which
obviously isn't useful.

It's a bit difficult to deal with since you don't know if there's more
coming or not. My logic is that is someone was editting the tile
before your upload, it won't rerender straight away, but hopefully
someone will still be editting that area in 48 hours time and it'll
get rerendered then...

Have a nice day,