[OSM-dev] Various OSM troubles

Thomas Walraet thomas at walraet.com
Tue Jan 9 10:09:02 GMT 2007

Dave a écrit :

> If bandwidth isn't really a problem, and we're having DB query time
> issues, couldn't we just set up some MySQL replication magic and have
> the API ruby code split data requests between the master and slaves?

Is there a way to know who use the API ? Which use of it consume most
resources ?

If it's renderer scripts, replication could help a lot. If it's edition
request, I don't think replication can be easy to use.

Maybe it's because of the applet because it made one request by edit
action... If it's the case, it could be easier to change the applet than
to work on the server side.

Maybe we can start by looking at Apache logs on the API to know which
proportion of request are PUT or GET... If 50% of request came from a
misconfigured script... If a single IP use most of the bandwidth...