[OSM-dev] Various OSM troubles

Dave osm at randomjunk.co.uk
Tue Jan 9 10:27:06 GMT 2007

Thomas Walraet wrote:
> Dave a écrit :
>

>> If bandwidth isn't really a problem, and we're having DB query time
>> issues, couldn't we just set up some MySQL replication magic and have
>> the API ruby code split data requests between the master and slaves?
>>

> Is there a way to know who use the API ? Which use of it consume most
> resources ?
>
> If it's renderer scripts, replication could help a lot. If it's edition
> request, I don't think replication can be easy to use.
Well, in common use it's querying the database that really does the
damage, and a lot of the things it would be nice to do like diffs, tag
searching etc are only going to make this worse in the future.

Import scripts are the wildcard here though -- large numbers of edits
are going to ruin just about any database distribution method.

Usage stats would indeed be very useful here.