[OSM-dev] Tracks without timestamps

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Fri Jan 12 15:10:47 GMT 2007

Hi,

>>          printf "<time>1999-09-09T%02d:%02d:%02dZ</time>\n",$sec/
>> 3600,
>> ($sec/60)%60,$sec%60;
>
> Please use the unix epoch (Jan 1st, 1970? Maybe just cast 0 into a
> time ;)
> for this, as it is commonly used as bogus time and so it will be
> easier to
> fix the database once the server finally understand untimed gpx files.

Until now I used a (different) bogus date for each track, because
that way I can still get nice lines between track points in josm. If
I use 0 everywhere, I have to disable the line drawing or I'll just
get a zigzag nightmare!

But I have only uploaded four or five tracks so far, so the damage is
limited (and all with dates from the 1970s...)

Bye
Frederik