[OSM-dev] Yahoo! imagery in josm

Francisco R. Santos frsantos at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 00:02:34 GMT 2007

On 1/13/07, Chris Fleming <me at chrisfleming.org> wrote:

> Frederik Ramm wrote:
> > Hi Mikel & all,
> >
> >> That kind of ntegration in JOSM, through the Yahoo API, sounds fine.
> >> And yes, it's only the aerial imagery we have permission to use.
> >>

> > Well then here we go.
> >
> > This is a very early development release and not for the faint at
> > heart (probably never will be) but I've gone to some lengths to
> > document the process in the accompanying HOWTO and source code.
> >
> > At
> >
> > http://www.remote.org/frederik/projects/software/osm/ywms-0.1.tgz
> >
> I got this working late last night. A few notes in case anyone else
> run's into the same problems that I did.
>
> The first one is that my version of Xvfb didn't seem to support the
> fbdir option. So I ran Xvfb without it.
>
> This meant that rather than using xwdtopnm < /tmp/Xvfb_screen0 to
> capture the screen image. I used the xwd command to grab the screen
> image. So in my case
> xwd -display :1 -root > image.xwd
>
> The final change that I had was that I didn't have the cjpeg untility so
> I substituted in pnmtojpg to get the final output.
>
> Finally for users of Firefox 2, I found that having killed the firefox
> process later restarts would show a dialog box asking if you wanted to
> restore the old session. In order to disable this I set
> browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash  to FALSE in the about:config
> settings in Firefox.
>
> My changed YWMS.pm file can be grabbed from:
> http://www.chrisfleming.org/YWMS.pm
>
> Cheers
> Chris

I got it working too, but with some different problems:

* The X server didn't allow me to connect, even with xhost +, so I had to
start it with the option -ac to disable host-based access control
mechanisms.
* I had nor cjpeg or pnmtojpg, but pnmtojpeg

But finally, I have JOSM with Y! imagery. Fascinating!

Regards,
Quico