[OSM-dev] Code to find distance with JOSM eastNorth

matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 20:40:18 GMT 2007

On Wed, Jan 10, 2007 at 06:49:36PM +0100, Frederik Ramm wrote:
> On 9 Jan 2007 at 23:11, matthew-osm at newtoncomputing.c wrote:
> > Searching the Internet seems to imply that I should be using the  Haversine
> > Formula, but that is for Lat/Lon, not JOSM's eastNorth, from what I  can
> > tell.
>
> You could alway simply use josm's conversion function:
>
> Main.proj.eastNorth2latlon(...)

Thanks, both. It was actually the Wikipedia example that confused me initially
about the Haversine formula (their "worked example" is missing the working in
the middle...)

I've put off the problem for now by using what I think is an approximation -
I'll revisit it later when the rest of the algorithm is implemented ;).

Cheers,

--
Matthew