[OSM-dev] Field Boundaries and Yahoo! Maps

Nick Whitelegg Nick.Whitelegg at solent.ac.uk
Thu Jan 11 11:57:46 GMT 2007

Looking at Yahoo! maps, it seems that they are (in some places) of
sufficient resolution - just about -  to estimate field boundaries. I'd
like to add something to the Freemap site to allow walkers to easily add
field boundaries to OSM, as they are one of the most important aids to
navigation on walkers' maps.

The question is then - what are the exact terms and conditions for using
the Yahoo! maps in OSM? I seem to remember that as long as you used the
Yahoo! api to access them and display the copyright message, it would be
ok.

Whilst we're on the subject - what about a key/value pair? boundary=field?

Thanks,
Nick