[OSM-dev] Yahoo! imagery in josm

Chris Fleming me at chrisfleming.org
Sat Jan 13 15:40:46 GMT 2007

Frederik Ramm wrote:
> Hi Mikel & all,
>
>> That kind of ntegration in JOSM, through the Yahoo API, sounds fine.
>> And yes, it's only the aerial imagery we have permission to use.
>>

> Well then here we go.
>
> This is a very early development release and not for the faint at
> heart (probably never will be) but I've gone to some lengths to
> document the process in the accompanying HOWTO and source code.
>
> At
>
> http://www.remote.org/frederik/projects/software/osm/ywms-0.1.tgz

I got this working late last night. A few notes in case anyone else
run's into the same problems that I did.

The first one is that my version of Xvfb didn't seem to support the
fbdir option. So I ran Xvfb without it.

This meant that rather than using xwdtopnm < /tmp/Xvfb_screen0 to
capture the screen image. I used the xwd command to grab the screen
image. So in my case
xwd -display :1 -root > image.xwd

The final change that I had was that I didn't have the cjpeg untility so
I substituted in pnmtojpg to get the final output.

Finally for users of Firefox 2, I found that having killed the firefox
process later restarts would show a dialog box asking if you wanted to
restore the old session. In order to disable this I set
browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash  to FALSE in the about:config
settings in Firefox.

My changed YWMS.pm file can be grabbed from:
http://www.chrisfleming.org/YWMS.pm

Cheers
Chris