[OSM-dev] Seperate Advertisements fom osm stuff please

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Jan 16 21:42:33 GMT 2007

Looking at the page
 http://www.openstreetmap.org/index.html
without being logged in, I can't see the difference between our stuff and the
advertisements. Which means, i just got an e-mail from one of the users I try
to get working with osm who told me: "I tried to install the software you're
providing ... and my virusscanner sais it has a virus"
And what i found after investigating more is: he tried to install one of the
software which was advertised by the google ads. I personally think we should
make much much more clear, that this is not software for OSM, but
advertisements. Because this is not a good revenue for us, since (luckily)
his virusscanner said it thinks this software has a virus in it.

Can we PLEASE make really clear which is advertisement and what is OSM-stuff.
I think, simply adding someting like

<H3>Advertisements by GoogleAd</H3>

before the advertisements would make it more clear.

--

Jörg

http://www.ostertag.name/
--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304