[OSM-dev] Topologicial correctness in OSM

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Jan 17 19:26:49 GMT 2007

Nick Black wrote:
>Sent: 17 January 2007 6:59 PM
>To: Jon Burgess
>Cc: dev at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] Topologicial correctness in OSM
>
>Hurray  I was just about to start writing a script to do it.  I've
>said it before, utils/ is a goldmine.  Can you believe that Mapnifo
>TABs do not support topology?  I had naively assumed they would. +1
>for OSM

I'd be really interested to know (for my own education more than anything
else) how many generic systems and formats for geodata treat it like CAD (ie
layers of lines with no physical connection between the layers) and how many
are more like OSM where any concept of layers is applied as attributes to
the data itself.

Answers direct to me if you prefer not to clog the list.

Cheers

Andy