[OSM-dev] Slippy Map, automatic Tile Rendering

Robert (Jamie) Munro rjmunro at arjam.net
Thu Jan 18 17:26:49 GMT 2007

Thomas Walraet wrote:
> Jochen Topf a écrit :
>> But you are right, that would mean I have to go through all tiles, calculate
>> the difference between the tile rendering count and the current count.
>> So thats not really efficient, even if we have everything in memory. So
>> we have to have some more ideas here.
>
> Just look in the daily/hourly diff dump where are located the change to
> re-render the tiles impacted.
>
> The DB just have to dump all record of the last day (or hour) every day
> (or hour). Anybody could the download the diff and do whatever he want
> with it. (read-only mirror, tile invalidation, stats, ...)

Or the API could just dump all changes to a file as they happen, and
rotate filename every hour (or day). The file format would be .osm, but
without the first two lines:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<osm version='0.3' generator='JOSM'>

or last line:

</osm>

These could be added by the rotation process, or by a script that you
could use to fetch the file, or just left off for simplicity.

Jamie