[OSM-dev] mapnik standard Directories

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Sun Jan 21 12:00:59 GMT 2007

Munich/Germany) wrote:
> > I'd like to adjust the direcoty names of the mapnik-xml files in svn.
> > I would suggest to use the user mapnik as default user being used in svn.
> > In a result he will have the svn.openstreetmap.org in the
> > directory /home/mapnik/svn.openstreetmap.org and the default database
> > user will be mapnik.
> >
> > Any voices against this?
> >
> > Other directories:
> > basedir: /home/mapnik/svn.openstreetmap.org
> > vmap0:   /home/mapnik/osm/vmap0/...
> > icons:   /home/mapnik/svn.openstreetmap.org/utils/mapnik/symbols
>
> I don't use mapnik (yet), but I think it is bad style to have hardcoded
> directory names in subversion. It leads to all sorts of problems, for
> instance you can't ever have more than one copy of the tree.
>
> I suggest using an environment variable for finding the root of the

If you're firm with these XML files. It's up to you, but I'm not.
So my Idea was to make at least all pointing onto one homedir. Not scattered
arround in different directories:
	/data
	/home/artem/
	/home/steve/
So I would like to be able to install it on different Computers with only
doing one sed/.../ and noting more. But if you can change it to use an
environment variable.... great.

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304