[OSM-dev] Drawing ways with bezier curves rather than line segments

Barry Crabtree barry.crabtree at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 20:51:55 GMT 2007

Hi

I've been experimenting with using bezier curves to connect the segments in
a way rather than using straight line segments as it is done at the moment.
There is a before and after image at
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/User:Dotbaz - this was somewhere
(Kobenhavn) I caught as it was going past my tiles at home so hopefully someone
has recently edited this area and might know it!

Basically it post-processes the svg output from osmarender and replaces all
the ways with bezier curves connecting the segments rather than straight
line segments.

I'd appreciate any feedback, and if anyone wants me to do a particular area,
just mail me the svg & I'll reply with a 'smoothed' version!

Cheers. .Baz