[OSM-dev] Area rendering on Mapnik

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Tue Jan 30 14:18:05 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 30 January 2007 15:11, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> OK thanks. I think the easiest solution might be to develop a custom API
> (based off a copy of the database from planet on dev) to return every
> coordinate of any way within the bounding box as a list of lats and longs.
> This API could then be available to anyone else who wants to easily do
> stuff with complete ways - easy manipulation of ways without having to
> worry about segments has been my no.1 api wish list for some time :-)

If you're using mapnik. Why don't you just import the current planet.osm. Or
did I miss something? How to easily import into mapnik is described in the
utils/mapnik/install.txt

--
Jörg (Germany, Munich)

http://www.ostertag.name/
TeamSpeak2: ts2.ostertag.name, user: tweety, Channel: "GPS Drive"
irc://irc.oftc.net/#osm
Tel.: +49 89 420950304