[OSM-dev] TIGER conversion ruby scripts (v0.5)

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Sat Jul 14 18:31:15 BST 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-14 at 09:08 -0700, Dave Hansen wrote:
> OK, I've restored the OSM tags as far as I can tell.  I've also replaced
> the shell script in the tarball:
>
>                 http://sr71.net/~dave/osm/tiger/tiger-to-osm-0.5.tar.gz

I am noticing that the TIGER data likes to share nodes by default.  That
means that things that don't really intersect (like motorway and normal
roads) share nodes in this set of data.  We could probably fudge this
for motorways by making sure that they don't share nodes with anything
that isn't a ramp or another motorway.

It also seems that we don't have the proper directional information for
oneway=yes streets.  I don't think TIGER even _has_ this data.

BTW, I noticed that the memory usage is down enough that I can use my
2GB laptop to render the largest county that I know of (Kern, CA) in
about 1.2GB of memory.

-- Dave