[OSM-dev] AND data integration

Floris Looijesteijn osm at floris.nu
Wed Jul 18 16:15:45 BST 2007

>> Here are the 3 possible ways (well there might be more ways, feel free to
>> add),
>
> A fourth way may be a bit painful, but may also be most efficient and lead
> to the most consistant map.
>
> - Save the map we have now
> - replace it with the AND data
> - add the cycleway and foothpaths, etc, connect them

That may prove to be the best (but for some very painful) solution.
There's no way we can do everything automatically. We always will
have to manually connect the old to the new ways.

> - use the data we have now as background for comparison.
>
> If I look at the picture Floris made of the AND Amsterdam map (in .osm
> format!),
> http://floris.nu/osm/texel/and_adam_centrum.png ,
> I do not have a problem in giving up what I did myself in order to gain a
> consistant map of the whole NL.

I also don't have a problem giving up my data. I (and Stefan as well)
already saw some roundabouts and in my area a few new streets that
are missing from AND.

greetings,
floris looijesteijn