[OSM-dev] AND data integration

Christof Dallermassl cdaller.hw at gmx.at
Wed Jul 18 17:31:28 BST 2007

Hi!

I think for future data import (there were two cases of data imports
mentioned lately) we will need some kind of tool that helps to import
(and merge!) data into our existing data.

I do not think there will be a script that can handle this - so we need
to do it manually with the help of a tool:

Imi is working on multi layer support for josm, so this should help to
merge the existing data and AND data.

How about setting up a server that serves AND data with our api. We
could then load osm data in one layer, AND data in the other and merge
AND down to osm. In osm-free areas this should be simple (select
data/area in AND layer and press "merge with OSM)".

If there is OSM data and AND data we could select manually the
equivalent streets and merge them.

After merging AND data down to OSM layer, it should be deleted on the
AND server, so we can see, how much was merged, and which parts still
need to be merged. If the AND layer is completely empty, the merge is
complete.

I think everyone around (not only people from nl) are willing to help.

christof