[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Cycle Route Tags / Pushing forward the Cycle Layer

mike mike at bristolbeat.co.uk
Fri Jul 20 17:26:01 BST 2007

Hi there Spaetz,

I appreciate the situation with t at h at the moment.  I don't really
understand what the problem is, but there's obviously a lot of people
interested so I'm sure it will be resolved.

What I would like to do is host some cycle layer tiles, and get the cycle
layer rules files into svn, and then start some discussion around the
rendering rules and tagging methods before rendering a larger area.

So (initially at least) the load would be very small.  Just a drop in the
ocean I'm sure against whatever the t at h issue is.  Please be assured - I'll
take care not to cause you any further headaches untill that issue is sorted
- I'd try to help if I could.  Is it a processor issue related to mysql and
the tiles_meta info, or have I got the wrong end of the stick there?

Basically at the moment I have a dev site on another server - here:

http://www.bristolbeat.co.uk/phpmap/ [ignore the popup error for a moment]

and I would like to move that onto the dev server as I'm borrowing the
hosting and I don't really want to put this url out on the mailing list or
wiki, particularly as the links might not be available in future.

I'd also like to have a look around the rails stuff and the API code, which
I can't do on my server as there's no rails installed.  Eventually I'd like
to be able to run an API call to return a filtered data set for a larger
area, but that's for the future at the moment.

While I'm on the subject - is there a seperate account needed for svn upload
access?  If so is that something you can help with?

cheers,  mike