[OSM-dev] [OSM-talk] Regents Park

Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany) openstreetmap at ostertag.name
Mon Jul 23 07:26:54 BST 2007

On Monday 23 July 2007 04:32, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 05:41:17PM -0700, Corey Burger wrote:
> > I would rather build the functionality of a proper roll back in the
> > db. The other place we woudl fix it would be for JOSM to warn the user
> > if they are uploading a node that changes the distance beyond a
> > certain value.

This would definitely be a nice feature. Josm would have to keep the original
position of the nodes to compare before uploading. But with people editing
there .osm files it would not be of any use. Since these osm files probably
won't have any pre-editing-positions. So you'll end with the same stuff as
currently.
I think moving away the nodes 1...1000 to higher node-id will work much
better.

-

Joerg