[OSM-dev] remove link to mapnik.org svn?

Jon Burgess jburgess777 at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:30:35 BST 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 16:39 +0200, Joerg Ostertag (OSM Munich/Germany)
wrote:
> > I think it should stay, or at least we should have a link to
> > http://mapnik.org/download/.
>
> I didn't want to remove the mentioning in the install.txt.
> But I wanted to remove the external dependency in the svn.

Now I understand. For some reason I thought you were talking about
removing a link on the wiki page. I don't see any reason why the OSM SVN
tree needs to pull in the mapnik sources.

> > Not all distros have pre-compiled packages
> > (I use Fedora which does not).
>
> Is there any chance to get fedora packages in the future?

Keith Sharp has built some RPMs http://www.passback.org.uk/maps/rpms/
and there was some talk about submitting them to Fedora
http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/dev/2007-March/003789.html

	Jon