[OSM-dev] gpx upload sanity check please

Andy Robinson Andy_J_Robinson at blueyonder.co.uk
Sun Jun 10 11:43:04 BST 2007

Shaun McDonald [mailto:shaunmcdonald131 at gmail.com] wrote:
>Sent: 09 June 2007 7:33 PM
>To: Andy Robinson
>Cc: 'Tom Hughes'; dev at openstreetmap.org
>Subject: Re: [OSM-dev] gpx upload sanity check please
>

>On 9 Jun 2007, at 18:48, Andy Robinson wrote:
>
>> Tom Hughes wrote:
>>> [...]
>>
>> Cheers Tom, I guess I'll just have to get used to being nudged to
>> the bottom
>> of the leader board or get out and do some mapping ;-)
>>

>Why are the GPX uploads not done the same way as the "Top users
>editing over the past ..."? If the date(+time) of the upload is
>stored, there shouldn't be a problem. It would also mean that the
>stats are rolling, and therefore someone who is new to the project
>has a chance to get up to the top of the leaderboard without too much
>work. It also means that long time members of the project will have
>to continue working, if they want to stay at the top of the leaderboard.
>
>Having the option to see the top editors over the past year would be
>nice too, thus helping to show the long time editors ;-)

The whole of the stats needs a revamp for many reasons. It's done the way it
is because that's always the ways it has been done. ie more by default than
design. It needs someone with a bit of coding time to produce a more
reliable set of data, especially figures that do not include deleted
(visible=0) data. It would also be cool to have individual data information
on individual users pages.

Cheers

Andy