[OSM-dev] Sanity check please - ignore GPS-point duplicates in track data

Robert Hart bathterror at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 10:21:37 BST 2007

> In order to reduce the download time and the amount of memory needed by JOSM, it seems to be appropriate to consider:
> 1. dropping following duplicate GPS-points during upload to the OSM database or
> 2. dropping those at the OSM database during download or
> 3. including the repeat  information as optional parameter into the GPS-point  during download:

I have a vague recollection that some time ago (in the 0.3 days),
somebody (probably Nick Black) dropped all duplicate GPS points from
the database (and possibly switched to storing values as integers at
the same time). That was a one off, but I don't remember any
objections at the time.

Rob

--
Robert Hart