[OSM-dev] Slippy Map

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Fri Jun 15 12:48:00 BST 2007

On Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 10:25:17AM +0100, Tom Hughes wrote:
> So the question is, what are we loading pngfix.js for? Do we have any
> pages on the site that are relying on it to handle transparency?
>
> If I take pngfix.js out then IE6 seems to work fine and IE7 works
> better though not perfectly - the initial map displays but it goes
> blank when I zoom in.

IE7 definitely doesn't need the pngfix, since it displays alpha
transparent pngs without problems. OpenLayers already does the png
transparency fix on appropriate images inside its control -- Controls,
Markers, etc. -- so if the pngfix is going to be applied, it should
probably be applied selectively, and not to the images inside the map's
control.

Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt