[OSM-dev] Apache on Dev is Down WAS Anyone has root on dev besides NickH?

Nick Black nickblack1 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 11:17:15 BST 2007

Apache on dev is down.  Whilst I agree that just restarting apache every
time it dies is not a good way of doing things, there are several projects
relying on dev - inc T at H and StateoftheMap.org, which runs from dev.

>From the SOTM side, we are being generously sponsored by several companies
who expect their logos to appear on the SOTM site  - which doesn't happen
when its down.

Could we have some more admins on dev please?

Cheers,

> Hi,
>
>     is NickH still the only person who can create accounts etc. on dev,
> or has that capacity been distributed? I remember a number of people
> volunteering for dev admin work but I don't know if their offers have
> been taken up.
>
> We (the tiles at home folks) would like to install a few admins who can
> tend to the tiles at home server but not all of them have dev accounts yet,
> and we'll need a Unix permission group set up for them and so on. It
> isn't a big deal so we wouldn't really need to waste NickH's time for it
> if there was someone else with root on dev.
>
> Bye
> Frederik
>
> --
> Frederik Ramm  ##  eMail frederik at remote.org  ##  N49°00.09' E008°23.33'