[OSM-dev] user diaries enhancement request

Thu Jun 21 13:01:12 BST 2007

Dan Karran wrote:

> Yep, sounds like a sensible feature. Also permalinks that actually
> point to the right diary entry, and working out what to do with HTML
> in posts... SteveC had asked me to strip it out to prevent spam, but
> perhaps just adding a rel="nofollow" to links would suffice?

It would certainly be good to allow links to anything on
*.openstreetmap.org (and opengeodata, and perhaps the domain in the
user's registered mail address?).

I'm never sure whether nofollow actually stops spammers, though -
spammy links are still annoying even if they're not doing anything for
their Google rank.

cheers
Richard