[OSM-dev] user diaries enhancement request

Stefan Baebler stefan.baebler at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 14:07:47 BST 2007

Guys, please don't get carried away into writing another blogging
software (preview, bbcode, detecting links in text, permalinks,
spamfight, comments....), just to add location information to posts
(somehow i assumed that was the reason for even starting diaries).
Anyhow, there are plugins for most popular opensource blogging
software doing just that.

Yes, do provide some basic functionality for people without blogs, but
aggregating registered user's rss feeds on the osm topic might be far
better / more useful idea.

Eg: http://www.openstreetmap.org/diary should also include blog posts, such as
http://damumbl.byteholder.de/blog/?cat=11&feed=rss2, nicely merged
with other posts (other rss feeds and osm diaries) ordered by date.
Also served as RSS. Users would enter their blog's feed URL in their
preferences.

greets,
     Stefan