[OSM-dev] How do I build the latest db schema?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Jun 27 10:05:27 BST 2007

In message <498BB0BF-17AA-47DB-AB50-38DA012C4683 at remote.org>
        Frederik Ramm <frederik at remote.org> wrote:

>> The first migration migrates from an empty database which is the
>> baseline to where we are now. There will be a second one shortly
>> to tidy some things up.
>
> Would it be possible to make something like a "mysqldump --no-data"
> available (and update it whenever you run a migration) so that those
> who don't want to set up a ruby environment can nonetheless have a
> production-like mysql setup?

It's certainly possible, but would rely on somebody remembering to
update it manually.

I would gave thought the only real reason for wanting a precise clone
of the database schema would be to run rails against it - if you just
want a local copy of the data in mysql then you can use whatever
schema is most convenient for your purposes.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/