[OSM-dev] Algorithm for extracting nodes/edges from gps-tracklogs

Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw at lug-owl.de
Sat Mar 3 22:09:36 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-03 23:07:00 +0100, Stefan de Konink <skinkie at xs4all.nl> wrote:
> Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:
> > List?
>
> I now know what is wrong the OSM list doesn't have a REPLY-TO header :\
> Sorry... it was for the list too :)

No! No! Please, don't ever do something as stupid as Reply-To munging.

> > On Sat, 2007-03-03 22:49:55 +0100, Stefan de Konink <skinkie at xs4all.nl>
> > wrote:
> > > I think start collecting nmea traces and gpx traces with nmea as
> > > preference would be a good thing. GPSbabel can convert them anyway to
> > > gpx. And you keep the extra information for processing later.
> >
> > Sure.  I specifically prefer whatever format the receiver spits out.
> > One source of error is varying numbers of decimal digits, which may be
> > different after eg. GPX or gpsd conversion...
> Good point yes. And I agree, but this is a thing that need to be done
> ASAP. And not wait till 'our' project started.

:)  Unfortunately, I do have some other workplaces, too, like the
whole Linux-VAX port :-P

MfG, JBG

--
      Jan-Benedict Glaw      jbglaw at lug-owl.de              +49-172-7608481
  Signature of:                          Zensur im Internet? Nein danke!