[OSM-dev] osm2pgsql segmentation fault

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Wed Mar 7 00:39:22 GMT 2007

Has anyone encountered this? I just can't get it to run. (latest SVN version)

Strangely, it doesn't even attempt to do *anything*. It crashes as soon as
it's run. For example if I add a debug message:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
   int i;
   fprintf(stderr,"welcome to main\n");

it won't print it.

Running it in gdb (which admittedly I have limited experience in) appears to
indicate that the error occurs in a function called "segments()" but I can't
see such a function:

(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/nick/utils/osm2pgsql/osm2pgsql
Warning:
Cannot insert breakpoint -2.
Error accessing memory address 0x4000c010: Input/output error.

(gdb) bt
#0  0x400007b0 in segments ()
(gdb)

This is on a debian etch. libxml is version 2.6.27.

Any ideas?  Does anyone with a similar Debian setup have the same problem
using the latest SVN version?

Thanks,
Nick