[OSM-dev] Funny Numbers

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Wed Mar 7 16:32:59 GMT 2007

Hi,

> Are the node references unique? i.e. how does this handle multiple
> segments connecting to one node?

It's a perl hash and the number is sclar(keys(...)), so it should
count the right thing.

> I think it's technically possible that nodes get deleted without the
> joined segment to be deleted, but I doubt that it has happened in that
> order of magnitude.

Isn't that something that our "planet-to-database" folks should
encounter regularly? I'll modify the script to dump a list of nodes
it thinks are dangling references and post it to the list... er,
maybe better put them in a file for download ;-)

Bye
Frederik