[OSM-dev] Mapnik segfault - revision 451

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Wed Mar 7 23:43:53 GMT 2007

On Wednesday 07 Mar 2007 23:13, you wrote:
> Nick,
>
> ABI incompatible binaries, perhaps?  Both boost-* and mapnik must be
> built with the same c++ compiler.
>
> Could you check :

Hello Artem,

Thanks. It turned out that libmapnik.so was linking
to /usr/local/lib/libboost*.so; I had two copies of boost 1.33 installed -
one compiled from source (from when I was running sarge) and one, the etch
package.

I removed the hand-compiled versions and now the demo works fine. :-) Easy to
get yourself into knots with all these library versions though....

Now for actually trying the postgis database....

Nick