[OSM-dev] Postgres/Mapnik -- Success!

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Fri Mar 9 00:21:11 GMT 2007

On Friday 09 Mar 2007 00:00, Nick Whitelegg wrote:
> On Thursday 08 Mar 2007 19:44, you wrote:
> > Hi Nick,
> > You're loading map which is Mercartor projection, you should either
> > change osm.xml to have : +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 or change your
> > query bounging box to something more appropriate (in meters).
> >
> > If you have mapnik-python installed you could try something like this
>
> Hello Artem,
>
> Tried changing the osm.xml to +proj=latlong +datum=WGS84 in the XML file,
> still no luck :-(

Success at last :-)

Tried the generate_tiles.py from subversion and could generate tiles from the
postgres database. So it should be easy now, just a case of figuring out
exactly what's different about my test program and generate_tiles.py - or,
adapting generate_tiles.py so it does what I want with Freemap.

Artem, Nick - thanks for all your help. :-)

Nick