[OSM-dev] Problems after losing inet connection while uploading changes with JOSM

Kristian Thy thy at 42.dk
Fri Mar 9 13:38:42 GMT 2007

On Fri, Mar 09, Styno wrote:
> JOSM had a huge list of additions/changes after working for a couple of
> hours on a residential area. While uploading these changes my wireless
> USB stick decided to call it a day which resulted in JOSM dropping the
> connection in the middle of the upload. After fixing the wireless
> connection I issued the upload command in JOSM again, but JOSM had
> already cleared my change list.

While I agree with your proposal, here's an easy workaround for future
sanity-preservation: Save the datalayer to a local .osm file *before*
uploading. Then you can reload the datalayer, complete with changelist,
in case of upload problems. Having the same change committed twice is
not harmful.

\\kristian
--
Cthulhu.call();