[OSM-dev] Algorithm for converting lat/lon into Mercator as used in OSM PostGIS?

Nick Whitelegg nick at hogweed.org
Sun Mar 11 12:27:28 GMT 2007

On Sunday 11 Mar 2007 11:40, you wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> I'll check this later on.
> Artem

Hello Artem,

OK thanks.

What would be really good, incidentally, would be a resource on the web which
explains all the subtleties with projections and ellipsoids (which I probably
only half-understand TBH), with appropriate conversion equations, so that
people who haven't done formal GIS training could read and understand the
theory and then easily implement the code. Maybe such a resource exists
though I haven't found it yet... Maybe it should go on the OSM wiki?

Nick